Friday, April 18, 2008

27 Dresses of Horror


I sure do have a lot of free time on my hands when my Astro is out of order. Now, there is time to revise the lectures that I missed, do the homework that I haven't done and most importantly study for the upcoming exam. Unfortunately, I opt to do none of that. Instead I spent my newly acquired free time watching '27 Dresses'. No, not at the cinema but at the comfort of my own home.

Judge me all you want, I admit I was wrong. Buying pirated DVDs are bad for the film industry but I guess we could make an exception for foreign movies, right? OK, enough about me, lets talk about the movie now.

A story of a woman who enjoys being a bridesmaid and yet to be a bride. Has a crush on her boss and had been working very hard to get his attention. The situation becomes worse when her boss falls for her sister instead.

Despite the horrible subtitle, the colour that keeps changing from black and white to coloured (you should know why) , the horrendous dresses and predictable main storyline, 27 Dresses is not all that bad. I read the reviews before watching it and most of them criticise it as another cliche rom-com (read: romantic comedy, not a bad word). Sure it would not stand out if compared to other romcoms such as 'My Best Friends Wedding', or 'There's Something About Mary' but it's a decent one nonetheless.

The director's effort to add a little sugar and spice here and there should be recognised as an added humour and entertainment for viewers. It's no fun when you know the whole script of the movie before you actually watch it. So the remedy is to put a few twist and turns in the plot (although some doesn't make sense, then again it's a movie) to get the viewers interested until the predictable ending. I'll stop here before I ruin the movie for you.

All in all, watch it if you have the free time. Don't go to the cinema, it's a movie best watched at home with family and friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello,raja is it? err i dont know u and u dont know me. but i was just doing my random visits on blogs when i finally reached urs thru faisal,pau n haqqa's blog. haha.

nwayyyyy,i also do NOT get ppl who criticized this movie. its a great movie for godsakes! the casting was fine, the plot was nice, ok la it was not all THAT great but it sure was NOT awful! kan kan?? huhu i will kindly give it an 8/10 =) hehe

not to mention james marsden is cuteeeeeeeeeeee =p

r.iskandar said...

hahaha chill, its just my own sincere opinion. came across a lot of movies from this genre. i just think that it wouldn't be a monumental movie, just a not bad one hehe

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Add to Technorati Favorites